I needed a break from homework ~
I really like this. Like. I would pay monies for this.
Was feeling crafty.
Up-cycled an older Hawkeye comic with a wooden picture frame I had. I did purchase some cheap comics that the dollar store had to use as the background and then cut out some bits of Clint.
I’m thinking of getting some extra copies of other Hawkeye comics (Ones I can’t cut up!) and making some more.
If anyone is interested in one, send me an ask. We can work something out.
On September 19th,1989, Janet Jackson released her highly anticipated follow up album to Control: Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814 was a socially conscious album, spanning a record breaking seven top five singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The only other artist to come close was her brother, Michael with Thriller. She still holds this one down.
The album was considered risky by then recording standards, but for Janet, she wanted something that would inspire change and to inspire conversations that could and would change the world. With it’s anthem and title track, Jackson shares her vision of a world without color lines. The Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis produced album was also heavily influenced by the New Jack sound that was coming out of the late 80’s and well into the early 90s.
In rare form, Janet brings light to problems that were plaguing the country and the world. Many of which still are. Jackson sings about eliminating racism and getting drugs off our streets while pushing for education. Living In A World (They Didn’t Make) even talks about guns in our schools, and includes audio clips from a school shooting. The album got us talking. It got us asking, “What can we do to fix this?”
The album is full of hits including Miss You Much, Escapade, Love Will Never Do (Without You), and Alright, but it also includes the first record that Janet wrote by herself. Black Cat was a hard hitting rock song that not only got radio play on R&B and Top 40 stations, but also on Rock stations as well. With slick guitar rifts and licks, Janet crossed over genres so easily and so seamlessly, it was something very few artists were and are able to do successfully.
It wasn’t just a concept album. Tracks like Someday Is Tonight gave us a peak at a more sensual side of Janet, one that would be later expressed on her next album, simply titled janet. In a way, the track was the next step or sequel to Control’s abstinence preaching song, Let’s Wait Awhile, which had Janet singing about the virtues of waiting to go all the way.
For the first time ever, Janet announced she would be going on tour in support of the album. Keep in mind, this is her fourth studio album, but first world tour. It was groundbreaking. It’s the biggest selling debut tour of any artist, male or female. A record that she still holds today. Fans that missed out on the tour were given a peak at the spectacle when Janet performed Black Cat live on the 1990 MTV VMAs.
Even 25 years later, Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation is an album that doesn’t sound as dated as you would think. In a world where change is needed most, we can’t help but notice that the themes and elements are even more relevant today than they were 25 years ago.
It’s time to give a damn and work together. Miss Jackson would agree.
- 1.Kissed a girl?
- 2.Kissed a boy?
- 3.Had sex in public?
- 4.What’s your religion?
- 5.What does your URL mean?
- 6.Reason you joined tumblr?
- 7.Do you have any nicknames?
- 8.Do you like bubble bath?
- 9.Kissed in the rain?
- 10.Dyed your hair?
- 11.Soup or salad?
- 12.Vegetable or meat?
- 13.Go out drinking?
- 14.Smoke cigarettes?
- 15.Smoke weed?
- 16.Do any hard drugs?
- 17.Have you had sex today?
- 18.Have you ever fallen asleep in someones arms?
- 19.The relationship between you and the person you last texted?
- 20.Has anyone ever told you you have pretty eyes?
- 21.Skipped doing homework to play a video game?
- 22.Tried to commit suicide?
- 23.The last time you felt broken?
- 24.Had to lie to EVERYONE about how you felt?
- 25.Do you have a Boyfriend/Girlfriend?
- 26.Do you have Long hair OR short hair?
- 27.First thing you notice to a guy/girl?
- 28.Do you sing in the shower?
- 29.Do you dance in the car?
- 30.Where were you yesterday?
- 31.Ever used a bow and arrow?
- 32.Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
- 33.Do you think musicals are cheesy?
- 34.Is Christmas stressful?
- 35.Favorite type of fruit pie?
- 36.Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
- 37.Do you believe in ghosts?
- 38.Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
- 39.Take a vitamin daily?
- 40.Wear slippers?
- 41.Wear a bath robe?
- 42.What do you wear to bed?
- 43.Do you want to get married?
- 44.Can you curl your tongue?
- Relationship preference:
- 45.How many relationships have you had?
- 46.How can I win your heart?
- 47.what makes a great relationship?
- 48.Shy OR open?
- 50.Religious OR non-religious?
- 51.Caring OR non-restricting of you?
- 52.Straight edge OR non-straight edge?
- 53.Piercings OR no piercings?
- 54.Tattoos OR no tattoos?
- 55.Quiet stay-at-home type OR party type?
- ask me these, please? : )
Carmen has me wanting to watch Criminal Minds again.
I should probably. I’ll save money since it’ll keep off from ebay trying to buy all the Hawkeye stuff.
DO IT. omg, i just started a re-watch this past weekend and i didn’t realize how much i missed it. garcia is perfection.
But… but… sleep.
Ugh. Peer pressure is a bitch.